May 21, 2004

We're gonna go camping next month! I'm sooo excited! We're going to drive up to Golden (to see Theovis' dad and stepmom), hit Banff (BAMF!) and meander our way back to Vancouver. Since Theovis doesn't drive and I can only do about a max of 4 hours a day, we'll camp whenever I get too tired to continue and hopefully see a bunch of cool stuff. I think it has been about 8 years since we last went camping so it's gonna be pretty cool. Yay!

Mum and I took down this poor, diseased, ant & aphid riddled tree in our front yard on Monday. I had just been planning to trim off a bunch of dead branches but we soon realized that there wasn't much on the tree that wasn't dead. So we sawed off the big branches until we had only the long trunk of the tree left and I Paul Bunyan'd that sucker down. Taking a tree down with an axe is more work than I thought. It went easier once I realized I'd been swinging left-handed for quite a while and switched to right - vastly improved my aim. We'd thought of renting a chain saw to take care of it but the axe thing just seemed quicker. We chopped up the larger wood into pieces which we will let dry then burn in the fireplace this winter. Once we know we've killed off the root structure we'll haul the stump etc. off and replace it with a new, (hopefully) healthy tree.

Acupuncture is not the answer to my menstrual woes. Alas and alack! I don't know what to try next...

No comments: