September 15, 2004

I was very worried yesterday morning when I turned on our computer because nothing happened. Well, there might have been some distressed beeping before it requested a boot disc because it wasn't recognising the hard drive. Eep! Restarting did nothing but bring me back to the same screen and when I tried turning the computer off, it stayed on, well, the fan did anyway. For those of you wondering, if you stick your finger too close to the computer fan while it's running, it'll cut you.

When I arrived home yesterday, Theovis was playing a game on the computer so I was thrilled to discover it was working again. I had spent a whole schwack of time the day before working on a webpage for a prospective client and was super nervous that all my work was lost. This morning as soon as I was able, I uploaded it all so I have a copy of my work somewhere. Once I kick the cat off my lap I will save it all to disc as well - the floppies are handily stored across the room from the computer. Brilliant, I know.

But hopefully all this will put a fire under my sweetie's butt and we'll have a new computer soon that enjoys actually turning on when it's supposed to.

No comments: