November 09, 2004

It turns out I've got polyps in my uterus. That could definitely explain some of the issues I've been having regarding menstruation. I had a pelvic ultrasound yesterday - both externally and - jinkies! - internally. I was somewhat traumatized that during the internal ultrasound (as if it isn't traumatic enough as it is), the ultrasound gal (tech?) decided she wanted to bring a colleage in to have a poke around as well. I felt like at least one of them should have bought me dinner first.

Anyway, I'm seeing the gyno on Friday - apparently it's National Poke Around in Kate's Bits Week - and will find out more from there. From the info I've looked at online today, it looks like surgery is in my future for this, too. For a gal that works to be as healthy as I do, needing to have two different parts of me operated on isn't what I expected. I think I need a new lifestyle involving the couch, soap operas and bon-bons.

No comments: