Welcome to my online journal.
Here you can share all my deepest darkest thoughts - the ones I'm willing to share on the internet anyway.
February 19, 2005
Valentine's Day is a really lousy holiday. It's a lousy day for singles and it's a lousy day for couples because of the pressures put on them to perform perfectly to their particular partner's needs. Aside from all the usual stuff about how the whole holiday has evolved into the conspiracy of flower and greeting card corporations to pad their bottom lines, Valentine's day can do a lot of damage to relationships. It can make you completely re-evaluate the stability and happiness of your relationship based on how your partner performed at the tasks (implied or expressed) that you have assigned to him/her for the day. A holiday should not have the power to mess with the value of everything else in a relationship; to make all the preceeding romantic dates or kind gestures seem less meaningful. And I am a total romantic but I am seriously considering saying "fuck it" to Valentine's day. It's just not worth the anguish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment