March 10, 2005

I went to see Duran Duran on Friday night, which was pretty awesome. I loooooved them when I was around 11-13 years old. My whole room was plastered in posters and I was planning to marry John Taylor as soon as I figured out a way to meet him, and have him wait for me to be old enough. The concert was really fun, although our seats sucked. Next time, if I'm shelling out for someone I really want to see, I'm going to shell out more and get some decent seats. We rented binoculars, so we could see them okay on stage, but it would have been much better to be closer.

I discovered that John hasn't aged as well as I thought he might have. I actually wonder if he's had surgery because his face doesn't just look older, he looks way different. And Simon really can't dance. People say he never could but I didn't notice it back then. It's pretty damn apparent now.

But the show was really fun, and they played almost all my favourites (except The Reflex - maybe they're just sick of it). Since I never got to see them in their heyday, it was pretty awesome to get a chance to do it now.

No comments: