I threw a birthday party for my Theovis on Saturday night, which was a big hit. I had been super busy in the preceeding weeks so I didn't have much time for planning. Luckily I managed to pull it all together fairly last minute with much fun and lots of friends to help celebrate. After the success of the HeroClix birthday cake from last year, I didn't know what I was going to be able to do to even come close to that level of creativity. I ended up making cupcakes with various comic book interjections - Bam! Pow! Snikt! Kretch! - written on them in chocolate mousse. To make the cupcakes even more exciting I hollowed them out a bit and filled them with chocolate mousse before re-assembling them, icing them and decorating them. They were a big hit. I also took the same comic book expressions and wrote them on cut out pieces of posterboard and stuck them all over the walls as decorations. I'll post the photos once I don't have a happy kitty on my lap who would object to my finding the camera to download the photos.
Mum is coming back from her trip to Australia on Wednesday morning. As nice as it has been to have the privacy of the house all to ourselves, I am so looking forward to her coming home to take over looking after her cat Izzy. He is a whole lot of work. And as much as I love the little guy, I am looking forward to having more free time that doesn't involve insulin needles and multiple cat-box cleanings a day. And I really look forward to not having to listen to the unholy cry that he makes because he's lonely - anyone who has been over in the past 6 weeks knows what I'm talking about - which he will do even if I'm in the same room and he turns his back to me.
Speaking of free time, I'd better stop enjoying mine and get outside to mow the lawn.
No comments:
Post a Comment