June 21, 2004

Theovis and I just got back from our big road-trip vacation on Saturday and it was awesome! We had a really great time and drove approximately 3100km (~2000mi) in the 7 days we were away. We took a million pictures and as usual, I'll post them at a later date. I think I'll do the lazy version and just make photoshop galleries out of them rather than coding it all in, which is why it normally takes me forever to actually get photos posted.

We drove from Vancouver to Merritt, then to Golden, up through Jasper to the Columbia Icefields then back down to Banff. We drove through Calgary to Drumheller (Dinosaur Museum) then back to Calgary before heading down to Fort McLeod and Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump and through the Crowsnest pass to Fernie. From Fernie we drove to Osoyoos then through the Fraser Canyon and Fraser Valley then eventually back to Vancouver.

Once we were back home on Sunday, we lazed around for most of the day watching episodes of Firefly on DVD instead of putting our gear away and doing laundry. It was way too hot for doing much else. It was probably at least as hot today but I did get some of that stuff done as well as picking up some groceries, getting a massage treatment to help my aching back and going to ballet class.

No comments: