We tried to go see Farenheit 9/11 tonight but it was sold out. Stupid other people wanting to see the same movie! We went there at 6:30 and already the 6:50, 7:20 and 7:50 shows were sold out. The 9:50 was available but that's just too damn late to see a movie on a Sunday night when there's working out and working the next day. And voting - I can't forget about the voting. Speaking of that, I need to figure out where we have to go to vote tomorrow. And so do all of you Canadians out there! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
So, I didn't get to see any of the movies I really wanted to see this weekend but I did manage to see Chronicles of Riddick, even though it didn't look very good, just because a big group of friends were going. I'm still not sure why we weren't all going to see Harry Potter but one can't always explain a hive mind. I did get to have a super yummy dinner at Bo Kong beforehand, plus some Taro Bubble Tea after, so despite the films lack of any decent dialogue, the night was at least a social and gustatory success. The art direction, set (CGI?) design and costumes were pretty cool but the script was incredibly awful. And Karl Urban (Eomer from LOTR) had one of the worst mullets I've ever seen - and I know mullets, having grown up in small town BC in the 80's.
No comments:
Post a Comment