On a mission to catch up on the summer movies, we saw SpiderMan 2 on Wednesday night and Harry Potter 3 last night. Both were very well done. The guys I was with raved about Spiderman, and I really liked it, but I found the women screaming incessantly a little hard to take. It seems Sam Raimi was giving nods to his original Evil Dead movies but there's a limit to the amount of screaming women I enjoy in any one movie. I do love the Bruce Campbell sightings, though.
Harry Potter was a more interesting film than the last few have been because the director (Alfonso Cuarón) wasn't nearly as slavish to the books as the previous one (Chris Columbus) was. He did leave out a lot of the back story but there's only so much one can cram into any one movie, and I think he did a good job telling an interesting story in it's own right. I really enjoyed the director's previous film Y tu mamá también, but considering how racy that one was, he seemed like a strange choice for Harry Potter. I really liked what he did with it, though. Definitely better than the last 2 though staunch book lovers might be miffed by all he edited out.
No comments:
Post a Comment