I had to come home from work today because I couldn't stop coughing. I'm really mad about it because I've been sick since Saturday, when we had to cancel a tubing trip so a could convalesce. And instead of my usual at home restlessness, I spent 4 days lying on the couch, reading and sleeping yet I'm still not recovered. Even worse, I had to stop in the middle of a treatment - after having left the room twice already - and tell the patient I couldn't continue. She was understanding, and I promised her a free treatment next time, but it made me feel like an extremely lousy therapist.
Of course, once I was out of the super-dry clinic and out of the stressful "don't cough" environment, my cough calmed right down. I punished it with Buckley's anyway. I know it's their gimmick, but man, I can't belive how awful that stuff is!
No comments:
Post a Comment