January 12, 2004

Today Theo and I got back on the Body for Life. In preparation, after a month of sloth and gluttony, yesterday I chucked out any residual treats so I wouldn't be tempted anymore with the lousy chocolates that I refuse to eat until I'm completely desperate. This morning we woke up early, did our workout, took our "before" polaroids, weighed in and ate well. I then headed off to Safeway - at 8:30am - and stocked up on the healthy food we'll need. I buzzed around very efficiently on my endorphin buzz and ate extremely well all day. I wasn't even craving any crap because I'm so glad to be back on the path that is kind to my body - and will have my pants fitting better.

That was until I discovered a cache of Purdy's chocolate bells (my absolute favourites) in a little bag while I was cleaning the office. Losing all control, I sucked down all 6 of the little bastards in record time, not even enjoying them. I tried to convince myself that it is better I got them out of the house and that it's better to have eaten them today since I'm only starting back at everything. It didn't work, though, and now I have a large, chocolate bell-shaped ball of shame in my belly. Sigh.

Well, all I can really do is look ahead from here. So here I go... Only healthy food for me until Sunday!

No comments: