January 30, 2004

I spent such a frustrating day yesterday waiting for patients who were either late or didn't show up at all. Grr! It drives me so nuts because I'm very conscious of running on time - 10 minutes late is super-late for me. The other therapists in my clinic are the complete opposite - sometimes (often?) running 30 minutes late while their patients cool their heels in the waiting room.

Last night, for example, I was pacing around waiting for my last patient who was 20 minutes late (and was the third person I'd sat around waiting for that day), I had to watch a woman give up after waiting 30 minutes for her 30 minute appointment. There's a good chance she won't come back to our clinic, and I probably could have treated her and had her out the door before the person who was scheduled to see me showed up. It frustrates the hell out of me.

No comments: