February 09, 2004

I installed a new bifold door for the bedroom closet yesterday. The dude at Rona insisted that the one I bought would fit the opening dimensions I showed him, but he totally lied. Once I'd opened the package, I saw that you could get smaller ones through special order, but being the impatient gal that I am, I simply hacked 2 inches off the new door with the circular saw, drilled new holes for the pivots and installed it as it was. It looks quite nice and saved me having to refinish and reinstall the old door.

I've been trying to get motivated enough to really make a hard effort at getting my tax receipts organized. I've sorted them into envelopes but need to create Excel spreadsheets to add everything up. It's such a big job that I can't quite face it yet, yet I know that getting it over with will make my life less stressful. I also know that there are more of last year's receipts kicking around all over the place and it seems like too much effort to dig through to find them all.

I also keep coming up with other tasks I need to do before I do this - like tidying up around the computer so I can even keep track of the receipts in the stratified layers of paper currently covering the desk. Or maybe reorganizing the closet so I can move the unused-for-10-years-amplifier into the closet, creating more room in the office and (in my fantasy world, anyway) less clutter and mess. It hearkens back to my old college days of "How can I possibly study when the bathroom is such a mess?" Ahh, good times.

No comments: