I lost my wedding band for a while yesterday and I was extremely upset. I've lost it before - for weeks at a time - but knew it was kicking around the house somewhere but this time I really thought it was gone. I'd been carrying it (with my other rings) in my change purse because I'd forgotten my watch at home on Friday so when I took off my rings for work, I didn't have my handy watch strap to hang them on. My change purse seemed like the safest option. Not actually so safe because on Saturday morning while I was digging in said change purse for change for tip money for the Starbucksians, I managed to throw my gold wedding band in with my contribution.
Thankfully, after a couple phone calls - the first one me, asking if anyone had found a wedding band and the guy telling me "no, and I doubt you'll get it back" and me saying "well, that makes me feel really good. Thanks so much!", hanging up, then crying; followed by Theo's "Can you check the tip jar to see if there's a gold wedding band in there? Okay, when the woman who has access to the tips from earlier comes in, can you ask her to call Theo? Yeah, that's right, 'Leo'." - Theo was able to go in the the store and pick up the ring (I'd gone to a meeting by this point). They had said to bring ID, which I found funny considering that we were the ones who called asking if they'd found a specific item, but aparently showing his identical ring was enough, because 'Leo' wasn't asked to prove he was who he said he was.
No comments:
Post a Comment