I spent a super-frustrating afternoon yesterday getting my Christmas present from Theo - a CD player for the car - installed in said car. I decided to buy a refurbished unit, which I figured would work fine, but just maybe not as long as the more expensive new one. What a mistake!
Within 4 songs of leaving A&B sound, the unit died. I drove back and they installed a different refurbished unit. Within 5 songs, it died again. I drove back yet again and they installed yet another refurbished unit. I made it home with that one still working - keep your fingers crossed for me - but I wasted my whole afternoon waiting around for all the installation and removal. They told me that I could simply buy a new unit for an extra $20 if the problems continued, which was completely contrary to what the dude who sold me the original piece of crap had said (they'll replace it with a better one, free of charge, if they can't replace it with the same one. I guess I'll need to run out their stocks of refurbished ones first). Aack!
I'm so mad that I hadn't just spent the extra money on a new one in the first place. I hadn't realized that the price difference was so low once you added in the extra warantees etc. Now I just feel like an idiot. Gah! And I feel like I should be compensated in some way for having to go back so many times but of course I'm not assertive enough to get my way and I'm sure I'll end up having to pay for the upgrade if this one craps out too.
No comments:
Post a Comment